Out of print
The Society’s quarterly Newsletter offered news and views and was distributed free to members.
The Newsletter was published alongside and complemented The New Magic Lantern Journal (1978-2014). Issues were of 12 or 16 pages filled with items on a wide range of topics and copiously illustrated.
A typical issue included:
- a report on the most recent Society meeting
- items of general news relating to optical media of all types
- members' announcements, including items for sale or wanted
- amusing and thought-provoking lantern-related ephemera
- research articles covering many fascinating aspects of lantern history
- announcements of forthcoming shows and events
All issues of the Newsletter have been digitised as PDF files, and we hope to make them available online to Society members in the future.
Newsletter. London: Magic Lantern Society, 1980-2014.