The Magic Lantern (TML) has been published four times a year since 2014, offering a lively mixture of Society news, current events in the world of the projected image and research-based articles on every aspect of optical history.
Society members receive each issue by post as soon as it is published. The issues are also created as PDF files, which are available here for searching, viewing and downloading.
The eight most recent issues are only available to Society members (sign in to the Members’ Area for access), while earlier issues are made available to all.
Latest issue: No. 27 (June 2021)
- » Trevor Beattie, Slides with a story: The Temperance Sketch Book
- » Magic Lantern Society notice board
- » John Hyett, Along the Snowy River
- » The magic lantern within
- » Annet Duller, Obituary: Herman Bollaert (1929-2021)
- » Mary Ann Auckland, Ruth Hecht and Mike Smith, Obituary: Ann Hecht (1929-2021)
- » Kurt Vanhoutte, Exploring bias: new project at the University of Antwerp
- » Kurt Vanhoutte and Elisa Seghers, Erfgoeddag 2021: B-magic conjures up ghosts and ghouls
- » Mary Ann Auckland, Book review: Renaissance fun
- » Nicholas Hiley, 'See that he has plenty of room for his lantern': the career of Thomas Nobles
- » Miguel Herrero Herrero, Illusionism XIX
- » Mary Ann Auckland, Magic Lantern Society virtual Spring meeting
Search for items in: TML only TML and NMLJ
Browse all issues of TML: