The Magic Lantern (TML) has been published four times a year since 2014, offering a lively mixture of Society news, current events in the world of the projected image and research-based articles on every aspect of optical history.
Society members receive each issue by post as soon as it is published. The issues are also created as PDF files, which are available here for searching, viewing and downloading.
The eight most recent issues are only available to Society members (sign in to the Members’ Area for access), while earlier issues are made available to all.
Latest issue: No. 23 (June 2020)
- » Patrice Guérin, Spectacles lyriques d'ombres projetées
- » Magic Lantern Society notice board
- » John Hyett, The Loch Tay
- » Recollections of the 'Old Poly'
- » Richard Feltham, The elephant in the room
- » Richard Rigby, The Metamorphoser lantern
- » Richard Crangle, Some lesser-known Life Model slide makers: No. 5 – a few of the others
- » The 2020 Magic Lantern Society Awards
- » Philip Banham, People we meet on the streets: part 2
- » Lindsay Lambert, Winston Churchill: magic lantern lecturer
- » Yana Agafonova, The magic lantern in late Imperial Russia
- » Mary Ann Auckland, Magic Lantern Society virtual meeting: 25 April 2020
Search for items in: TML only TML and NMLJ
Browse all issues of TML: